Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Blessings

For my post today, I wanted to share with you, this classic Catholic Hymn, Be Not Afraid. It is my favorite and has been since I was a child.
There is something I have been really praying about lately and just after taking communion, as I was praying yet again, this was sung as the communion hymn. The words really were an answer to the prayer and it touched me more than you can imagine. I know God used it to reassure me. I wanted to share it today. Maybe there is someone out there who could use these encouraging words. May God bless you all my friends and have a wonderful Sunday!
Take Care,
Kathleen

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing. One of my favorite things about your blog are Sunday Reflections. I love them :)

On The Wings Of Love said...

I know and love that hymn as well ....hymns that we've known from childhood are so special.

Hearing them while receiving communion would touch your soul.

Blessings
Bre

Jann said...

Hello! I found your lovely blog through Lydia. I listened to this video--strange that this hymn is not familiar to me, as I am Catholic--however, those words are just what I need to hear today, as I seem to be afraid of everything these days--growing older, getting the flu, (and getting the shot, believe it or not!), losing my mom who has dementia, etc., etc. The list goes on--don't know what's the matter with me! Thank you for the sharing the video--I'll be back to visit again! Smiles, Jann

GrannySmithGreen said...

I am so happy to hear of your wonderful Sunday. Don't you just love it when you really can feel the presence of God in your life! I hope that feeling continues for you now and always.