Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, November 12, 2010

Let There Be Light!!

It has arrived and it has been hung ~ my lovely crystal chandy. Do you have any idea how long I have desired to have one of these beauties?? Oh, let's see...about 8 or 9 years...but let me tell you, it was worth every minute of the wait. It simply makes the room.
Remember the old, unfinished light fixture hanging from the ceiling? Well, it's gone.

Poof!
This is now in its place.
And I'm thoroughly enjoying the soft but bright light she casts over my sewing desk.

I'm slowly starting to put a few things into the room. I can't add too much yet because we're still waiting on all of the baseboard trim to arrive. I'm also on the hunt for the perfect French little something to use as a storage unit for all of my crafting goodies. I'd love to find some sort of cupboard/hutch/cabinet that will span the length of the wall. I found a wonderful shelving/cabinet combo last Saturday on Craigslist. It was perfectly rustic and chippy but after responding to the ad, I never heard a thing back. The posting was removed very soon after, so I'm assuming they either changed their minds or it just sold very quickly. I'm guessing it sold ~ it was beautiful. That's okay though...I figure it just wasn't meant to be. Something even better will come along.
{although I hope it happens soon because all of my fabrics, paints, papers, etc...are piling up and blue rubbermaid tubs just aren't looking very pretty with that chandelier!}


Okay, so until I can show you the final reveal...



...I can show you a few of the little things that I have lying about here and there.


a cool industrial cabinet to hold rubber stamps, jewelry making supplies and whatever else I find




Some drawers are still waiting for items...

while others are already full.

A sweet little angel to keep watch.
Have a wonderful weekend!
~~
xo and God Bless!
Kathleen

3 comments:

No21 said...

Wondeful! No21x

Fabulously French said...

It looks beautiful.

Bon week-end a toi,

Leeann x

Brenda Pruitt said...

That is one GORGEOUS chandy, girl!
Brenda